Friday, March 25, 2011

Section Hiking the Georgia AT (Part 2)

I did an overnight trip with SHOE to hike the AT section from Dick's Creek Gap to the North Carolina boarder near Bly Gap.  This is the second to last section of the AT in Georgia for me, and it was definitely one of my favorites.  Though I think I say that about all my hikes.  I was so excited to finally see the "famous" gnarled old tree located near the boarder.  I've read about this tree in many trail journals, and it definitely lived up to all the hype. 
At Bly Gap near the GA/NC boarder.

We stayed near Plumorchard Gap Shelter, and had some great conversations with a few AT thru hikers.  We also ran into fellow Trail Dame Linda, who was out backpacking.  What a small world!

It was a clear night and I slept in my hammock without the tarp, so had a clear view of the moon and stars through the trees.

Thanks so much, SHOE, for doing this section with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment