|Mom and I during the "southwest tour" last month.|
Dad wants to delay treatment and just head out west to the PCT anyway. He says if it were his cancer, he’d opt for 'no treatment' and take it as an opportunity to live life to the fullest (and “buy a motorcycle”). But I can’t imagine Mom being comfortable not getting treatment right away- that’s how she is. Plus, what if down the line things get worse- there’d be ‘what if’s’ and I couldn’t live with that if she put it off treatment to help me on the PCT.
I don’t know what’s going to happen, but all I want is for my mom to be healthy.
I realize I don't normally blog about more personal stuff like this, but right now all the gear, resupply boxes and training seem completely trivial. This is what's real.
UPDATE: Mom is figuring out her treatment options and will likely get treatment right away- thanks everyone for your good wishes. I will start hiking the PCT as planned.