Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Things I want to do in the New Year

For the last two years, I've listed things I want to do in the New Year.  Two years ago, I decided I wanted to learn to backpack.  Well, obviously, I did that, and got hooked.  Last year, I decided I would work on planning and training for a long-distance hike.  Definitely did that, though I don't know when I'm going to use my new knowledge.  So this year, I've got three things I want to do related to my hobbies:

1.  Hike twenty miles in one day.  My intention is to build my endurance and keep pushing myself.

2.  DIY gear and projects.  I want to craft more of my gear myself, and work on modifying and improvising using things I already have or can get inexpensively.

3.  Build strong enough abs and arms to do two moves in my aerial fabrics class: the windmill hipkey and pulling up into a backbalance.  In the meantime, I resolve to practice not comparing myself to my classmates (who can all do these moves) and feeling bad about myself for not being able to do these tricks. 

Anyone else have goals for the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment