Monday, March 31, 2014

Plan for blogging on the PCT

Despite everything that's going on with my Mom, I am still planning to leave to hike the PCT next week.  She is still getting more testing and my Dad is with her, and they are considering more treatment options.

Anyway, at this point, the PCT preparations are back in full swing.  I wanted to let you all know that I DO plan to keeping blogging from the PCT.  I will aim for a weekly post at least.  It might be delayed and they could vary in frequency, but I'll do my best to keep you all updated how things are going.
Training hike at Arabia Mountain, GA.
I've never blogged from the trail, so I'm nervous that my writing and grammar will suffer when I'm not able to spend a lot of time re-writing and editing my entries.  Maybe you will overlook this if I include lovely photos?
Photo that I shared on instagram from a rare snowy day in Georgia.
I will also try something new.  I'll be posting photos on instagram.  The link is also on the side bar of the blog.  I have already included photos from hikes that I haven't otherwise written about for the blog.  I have found it quick and easy to post these photos so that should help you all to stay updated this way.
First bloodroot of the year.
I will also be keeping a paper journal.  Perhaps I will type some of these up sometime and post them later, or mail them to a volunteer to type up and post.  (So old-fashioned, I know!)

Finally, I will try to respond to comments on the blog, but I may not have time.  Please know I will read them and your comments always help keep me motivated and feeling connected.  Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment