Sunday, September 1, 2019

Day 24. A new toy

Day 24. A new toy
8/2
Shelter Cove (1902.4) to Charlton Lake (1925)
18.8 miles

Just as I am saying goodbye to my sister and her family, my nephew runs to his room and returns with a toy car. He presents it to me and later my sister says it is one of his favorites. I tuck the car into my pocket.

I have a feeling this toy car will have some adventures!
It’s definitely hard to say goodbye to my sister and her family. I wonder if I should have stayed another day. I sure hope this is the start of more time together. When I get to a ridge, I have cell service so I text my sister a photo of the car at it's first overlook and tell her how much I miss everyone.

It makes me so happy to pull out my food bag and find it filled with all sorts of appetizing treats that my niece picked out.  The street taco sized tortillas are amazing with salami, cheese, and a little individual serving of guacamole. Iit fills my heart with joy that my niece was the one to pick out this food for me.
It felt a bit crowded at all the lakes today. Or maybe I am just sad and cranky because I'm missing everyone. But I pull out my toy car and race it around making little "vroom" sounds even though I am in a wilderness area and somehow it makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment