Friday, August 30, 2019

Day 19. Along the rim

Day 19. Along the rim
7/28
Rim Village to 1852 near Mt Thielsen
9 miles on the rim trail plus 13 PCT miles
22 miles

My friend drops me off back at Rim Village after a restful night at her house. The views along the rim are mesmerizing and I walk as slow as I can, savoring it all. How fortunate it is that we still don't have smoke from fires like they have the last few summers.
After an incredible few miles, the trail drops down to a pleasant forest walk through the Mt. Thielsen Wilderness.

The mosquitoes start to get bad in the evening. Headnet and raingear are key for keeping one’s sanity. 
I find a campsite with a good balance between slightly breezy to keep the mosquitoes down and not too exposed. Just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment