Saturday, August 31, 2019

Day 21. Diamond Peak Wilderness


Day 21. Diamond Peak Wilderness

1880.3 (bit past Windago Gap) to Hidden Lake 1902.4
7/30/2019
22 miles

I turn a corner and realize that Mt. Theilsen is so far away. It never fails to amaze me just how far legs can take you in a few hours.
The mosquitoes are swarming at Summit Lake. I am just about to race by it, trying to outrun them, but then spot a nice sandy beach. Why not go for a swim? The water isn’t too cold and I discover that if I keep my headnet on, I can swim for an extended time, enjoying the incredible view of Diamond Peak and the sparkling blue waters. Both of which I was missing before I stopped. I love having the power to transform a morning of miserable mosquito-racing into a lovely swimming experience.
I set up camp near Hidden Lake. At first I think I will skip a swim because the one earlier in the day was so good. But then I remember that moderation is not my strong suit.
I make it a two swim day!

Tomorrow I get to see my sister and her family. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I got to mostly skip the skeeters during my jaunt through this area. Your creativity swimming with a headnet has me giggling.

    ReplyDelete