Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Day 11. Even more bonus miles

7/19/23 Day 11
South of Rock Pass to 3 miles from Harts Pass
Washington Pacific Crest Trail bonus

Another bonus day on the Pacific Crest Trail after finishing the PCT. Just wandering around and enjoying our time out here. Until I have to return.

We listened to the melodic song of the hermit thrush as we descent through rich forest. The day is all clear sunshiny.

We run into two friendly interesting couples who we’ve been leapfrogging with the whole trip and finally make time to chat more with them. We also talk to a few more hikers - several other section hikers. Yay! Everyone is friendly and I get lots of high fives for finishing. In pervious years, I’ve gotten bad attitudes from thruhikers who look down on section hikers but this trip there hasn’t been any of that.

Wow! Three different friends on this one blossom!
Jan and I are camped three miles from Jan’s car at Harts Pass but I’m so glad to have another evening enjoying the trail. Like all of my PCT hikes, I am not eager to leave this beloved trail. But I’m so glad I’ll be meeting my parents in two days so there is that to look forward to!
Last hang on the PCT.

Jan and I are camped on a saddle with views in both directions. It’s normally a place I’d avoid since it could get windy up here, but so far I’m in the lee side out of any wind. The only other sheltered option had a resident mouse that greeted me as I was setting up, so I quickly packed up and left her alone. Hopefully the wind doesn’t shift direction during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment