Friday, August 18, 2023

Day 5. Into Harts Pass

 Day 5. Into Harts Pass

7/13/23 

A short hike back to Harts Pass. There are more swirling clouds and fantastic views. I know I say this every single time, but this really is one of the best sections.

We get a nice campsite at the Harts Pass Campground. I'm glad we've arrived early because this campground fill up fast.

It's luxurious to have Jan's car here without all our resupply. We've got changes of clothes, food, and her solar shower! Plus real towels! Jan sure knows how to do it right!

I eat the baguette I'd picked up in Mazama a few days earlier and it is the best baguette EVER.

We relax and move around the solar shower and solar panels, chasing sunlight as the shadows move around. What a great way to spend the day. Finally the water is warm enough and we clean up and feel amazing!


Once we get our chores done and I'm all relaxed, my mind starts to wander. I keep thinking about how I've just completed my second to last section. And that the next section will be the last. But I’m glad I've got a few more days- I’m not ready for this to be over yet. Will I ever be?

I tuck my hammock in a tight spot but it is so quiet and wonderful. I feel a bit self-conscious about posting so many photos of my hammock-- I know some people roll their eyes at those of us who talk excessively about our hammocks. But also I just have to say that it really is that wonderful to have solid, deep, restorative sleep. Since I moved to Utah, I sleep most of the time on the ground. And I thought I"d get used to ground-dwelling, but nope, the sleep just doesn't even compare at all. And my muscles and hips don't hurt at all. So I'm just going to keep posting photos of the hammock!

No comments:

Post a Comment