Thursday, August 24, 2023

Day 12. Farewell PCT

Day 12. Last 3 miles into Harts Pass
7/20/23
Washington section of the Pacific Crest Trail

The night was wind-free! What luck! 

Jan and I enjoyed a most colorful light show and we could see it all happening right from camp above the trail!

The stars were new-moon bright and it felt like we could reach out and touch the milky way. And the warblers provided the soundtrack for a sweet sunrise. What fun to watch it all from our larch-perch!

 The last miles were uneventful. We arrived at Jan's car which was safely waiting for us. 

In town, Jan and I met up as planned with my parents. Of course we couldn't miss out on a chance to be goofy and enjoy all that town had to offer.

Dad, Mom, and me. PCO Jan

 I'm not sure when I'll write again on this blog, if at all. Writing has been helpful for me in understanding this PCT journey and I'm glad I could share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment